October 20, 2008

Scrap Twist quilt

This is what I've been working on this week while waiting for my quilting machine to get repaired. I can't wait to see the magic happen when the blocks are sewn together!


This is a fun pattern to make! I was asking some friends for scrap quilt suggestions when one of them suggested I check out Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville website. I know she has many free quilt patterns there so I went to take a second look and decided on "Strip Twist". Click on the previous link to see how the diamonds sparkle when the blocks are pieced. Diamonds are a girl's best friend and these are no exception.

I had the 2 1/2" strips pre-cut and I was able to use up quite a few oddballs that always got tossed aside when I'd go through my neutral strips. The ones that are a little too "noisy" to put with the neutrals and a little too "blah" to put with darks and mediums. Now they've found that "just right" place to call home.

I have two large hampers full of Thimbleberries scraps that I really need to turn into quilts. I think I can use most of them up just by trying out more of Bonnie's patterns!

The next photo shows the orphan fabrics that I'll be using for the Scrap Twist borders. A couple of non-descript fabrcis that I decided to take out and use. I generally don't pre-wash Thimbleberries fabrics but these were stored in a bin in my garage for quite a while.

I think I'll go hunt for my spray bottle of water and spritz these pretty good to get all these wrinkles out! Black and a deep burnt sunset orange... pefect fall colors, don't you think?




No comments: