October 15, 2007

Crockpot Pulled Pork Recipe

3 to 4 pound boneless pork loin (center cut)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup vinegar
1 onion, sliced
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T sugar
1 Tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tsp. salt1 Tsp. black pepper

Place pork loin in a crockpot. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the pork. Cook 10 hours on low or about 6 hours on high. When you remove pork from pot it will shred easily with a fork. I mix the pork with barbeque sauce since I know my family likes it that way. We eat it on buns with cole slaw on top. (Not sure if the slaw is just a southern thing or not?) When we have guests, I serve it as soon as possible after taking it out of the crockpot with the barbeque sauce on the side.

I like to pour the remaining contents of the crockpot in the blender along with whatever make barbeque sauce I have on hand and blend well. The extra flavor from the cooked onions and seasoning is delicious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please put in the pulled pork recipe and the deviled eggs if that is one you share. I am a new reader as I have just discovered quilting blogs. Don't know why I never looked before as I am a total political junkie and read political ones all the time. I love the shop Primitive Gatherings also and have to avoid the website to have any money in my wallet!

MARCIE said...

Wow, you sure have a lot to say today! I am not sure if I can remember everything I wanted to comment on. You mentioned Glad Creations--aren't they great?! I go home to MN a couple times a year and have been to their store. The designs seen in person are to die for! Also, thanks for your recent purchase! Coincidentally, I posted Pioneer Trail on my blog today!Good luck with your longarm quilting, you lucky girl!

Unknown said...

I've tried this pulled pork and it is so good.

Patty, you know that I'm in no hurry for that quilt. It's nothing special but is for you to proctice. Remember.